Financial Assistance

If you are a West Virginia resident of Kanawha, Clay, Jackson or Roane counties, you meet certain income guidelines and participate in a qualifying activity, you may be eligible for financial aid for child care costs.

Examples of a qualifying activity are:

  • WV Works participant
  • Participation in training or education programs
  • Working

Please call 304-595-6401 or toll free, 1-888-595-8290 for more information.

Employer Programs

Some employers offer assistance programs to aid their employees in covering child care costs, such as:

  • Flex time - full time work with more hours per day, but fewer days per week, flexible scheduling, telecommuting, job sharing, part time work
  • Leave Policies - extended parental leave, use of sick leave for family illness, personal leave
  • Dependent Care Spending Assistance Plan - money set aside from your gross wages into a nontaxable spending plan. Neither your employer nor you pay taxes on the amount of the set aside - allowing you to pay for child care expenses with tax-free dollars
  • Flexible Benefits Plan - the employer can offer a range of benefits, from health care premiums to child care costs as tax free set asides
  • Child Care Vouchers - the employer offers an allowance or stipend to help cover child care cost
  • Child Care Vendor Plan - the employer contracts with a local child care program to reserve slots for their employees. The employer may also pay for all or a portion of the cost.

Your employer may offer all of these services, or none. Contact your Human Resources Department for more information.

If you are an employer interested in offering these services to your employees - contact Connect Child Care Resource & Referral - we can assist you in setting up employee child care assistance programs!
(304) 595-6401 or 1-888-595-8290